Musings on XML, Bloging and conspiracy theories

I just had a conversation with a friend about XML, and its uses. It started off by explaining a bit about RSS for syndication of news, and why getting an XML feed is generally better than getting a Javascript feed… It ended as follows, which I thought was kinda worth a post:

Paul says:
If I’m writing any apps that need quick ways to store data, I use XML – its really easy, really quick, and doesn’t need anything other than Notepad to view it… Access, needs MS Access, SQL needs some SQL query tool, but XML just needs Notepad.
ChãrlIe says:
🙂  joy
Paul says:
Like my ultra-cool “Figure out which cellphone contract would cost you the least” application which stores all the contract types in XML, and converts your phone bill to XML before it analyses it all and tells you which is hte best contract for you
ChãrlIe says:
I havn’t seen that? that sounds cool
Paul says:
when I give it my phone bills, its normally pretty spot on with calculating what I should be charged by vodacom
And it proves that the Weekender Everyday per second is the best contract for me (even though I spend R700-900 a month on my phone and everyone says that I should be on the Talk 500)
ChãrlIe says:
LOL… you too smart for them Paul…
Paul says:
Well… when I was on MTN, I listened to their support ppl and upped to one of their bigger contracts, but ended up spending way more money…. nobody else believed me that it had happened, and nobody that I’ve spoken to about it has believed me that the weekender is better for me than any other contract… finally I can show the world my wisdom and vindicate my long held beliefs that the world rejected 🙂
Paul says:
Then they will know that I truly am a genius and the whole world will submit in reverent awe to my mastery of the cellphone tariffs.

And shortly thereafter my brain shall explode, due to a build up of pressure caused by a grossly oversised ego, and the world shall be at peace once again.
ChãrlIe says:
LOL … hehe
ChãrlIe says:
well… I hope that doesn’t go into a blogg

Fortunately, nobody reads my blog anyway… but why would someone not want to have comments posted onto the web?  That can only leave me thinking… What is Charlie hiding?  Is there some sinister past that he is protecting?  Perhaps he’s running from the mob and the mere mention of his name could cause them to come and hunt him down?  Could that be why he uses such odd characters to make up his name?  I wonder… 😛

One thought on “Musings on XML, Bloging and conspiracy theories

1. I would like to please notify you that my identity has been comprimised, I am therefore about to terminate my connection to any one relating to or thinking about relating to a mob, so if the reader of this article has any ideas about tracking my whereabouts, don’t bother, since it will be pointless, rather call me, and I will give you directions. but I warn you that I’m heavily armed with the latest in High Powerder Weaponry, connected to very life like humonoids that have the latest in artificial-AI. And as much as I would love to go into detail on how they love to dismantal organic objects, I shall leave it to you capable imagination. be warned, this message is not being tracked and will not explode… hmmm… nope, not possible.